The seminar on Knowledge Update on Myopia Management organized by the Department of Optometry – Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine on Sunday, 11/12/2022, took place successfully. This is the first seminar organized by the Department of Optometry, with a grand scale and the attendance of many guests and delegates from all professions in the eye care system, including: ophthalmologists, optometrists, refractive technicians, optometry students and companies in the industry.
During the seminar, all guests and delegates were introduced to the role of the optometry, updated with new knowledge regarding myopia management through the reports of respected speakers:
– Dr. Robert Elson Molter – Member of the American Optometric Association
– Dr. Vo Thi Bao Chau – Lecturer of Optometry Department – Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
– M.Optom. Tran Minh Anh – Lecturer of Ophthalmology Department – Hanoi Medical University
– B.Optom. Nguyen Ngan Giang – Lecturer of Optometry Department – Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
– Ms. Nguyen Thi Oanh – Representative of SEED Vietnam Company
Hopefully, myopia management services in particular, and eye care services in general in Vietnam will continue to grow stronger. The seminar is also a premise for the Optometry Vietnam community to organize more specialized seminars in the future.